Kimbosue's Blog has MOOOOOVED!

**As of November 9, 2009, please find me at my new home below.**

Some posts are pw protected, so for the super secret decoder pen....ahem... code, please email me at kimbosue2 AT hotmail DOT com.

This blog will remain open. The link is still tied to lots of IF blogs, groups, and websites. I hope someone can read through my journey and find hope and strength and know that there is a light at the end of the IF tunnel. Prayer is the key! I love all my IF girlies I met along the way, and I hope to keep your friendships going forward during this next chapter of Mommyhood. I hope to see you there!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So hopefully when I go back to work, I'll be a better blogger....for some reason that sounds opposite what it should be right? Shouldn't I be blogging more now since I'm not spending time at work? But I am in front of a computer all day at work so I guess I have more opportunity to post something rather than now when I have to take time away from baby Miles to do it...

I only have a little while to type before it's time to eat again and I'm too lazy to get the camera and cord so the pics will have to wait til tomorrow - and for Wordless Wednesday no less! So today, you get the words...

  • Last Friday, Mr. Miles met his future babysitter (we'll call her Ms. A) and her daughters. They are 4 and 1.5. I think they will all get along just fine. Ms. A held him and patted his bottom and he fell right to sleep! The 1.5 year old is very into dolls right now so she is real helper when it comes to the baby. She swung his swing (without him in it) and gave her Mom the blankey. Ms. A set it aside and the daughter said, "No, baby blankey" and put it on Miles. So sweet! He is going to be staying a few hours next week with her to get used to things and so Mom can get ready for work.
  • Also last Friday, Miles went to his first concert...well not a crazy loud concert...but a concert in the park. Our Parks and Rec Dept puts on free concerts May and June that feature local bands. This was a jazz band that we have heard before. Dean is friends with the lead guy and the drummer. The grandparents and S, J, and Drew met us out as well. We are going again this week to see this band. We saw them last year at a Jazz Festival. He is crazy fun with a baby grand in the middle of the stage. During Great.Balls.of.Fire, he had poured liquor on the piano and set it on fire! Crazy fun! Dean is buddies with the sax player in this band. I think we are going to see them here on Sunday as well. They are having some type of sax showdown...Miles will definitely be hearing lots of music similar to what his namesake played!
  • Sunday we invited Grammy and Grampy over for dinner and to give Daddy and Grampy their early surprise Father's Day gift. I bought 4 tickets to the Astros game tomorrow - Miles first baseball game!!! AWWWW...definitely have pics of that!
  • The boat is still having issues - electrically - affecting the gas gauge, radio, and the motor. You can be in full throttle, hauling it across the water, and the engine will slow down for no reason. It's been like this since Memorial Day weekend. Dean tinkered with it this weekend himself because even though its still under warranty we can't get it worked on. Why you ask? Because #1 the dealer we bought it from no longer sells that brand and #2 the only dealer that does warranty work is in Waco - a mere 194 miles away!! UGH. We took it out on Sunday for a trial run (it worked like a champ hooked up to the water hose in the driveway) but unfortunately still has issues. It's back in storage for the week - those damn HOA rules prevent us from keeping it in the driveway...so we'll have it out back this weekend for some more wire rearranging. The wiring harness is apparently daisy chained...meaning one wire is connected to the next so all things are dependent on each other...explains why the gas gauge went out, followed by the radio, then the engine...
  • Yesterday we had lunch with Holden and his mom. Then we went to the town center where Holden got to play in the water fountains that squirt up from the ground.
  • Today was a long day for the little boy. We left the house this morning with plans to have lunch with Aunt Mel and Great Aunt Maggi (in town from San Antonio) in Pasadena. After lunch they were going to see Grandma and Miles hasn't been since Mother's Day, so we went too. Lots of sweet pictures taken of the 2 of them...it was Miles nap time and he snoozed for about 30 minutes in his Great Grandma's arms! While there we got a call from S that our other friends Coy (born in Feb) and his parents would be in Pasadena meeting her for dinner (and bringing my Pampered.Chef order from Jan!) and wanted to know if we could meet them as well. Instead of coming all the way back to Pear.land just to go back to Pasadena, we went to an empty Grammy's house to eat and a quick nap. I had talked to Aunt.Shayla earlier about possibly visiting since we were in the area, so then we went to her house for about 2 hours. THEN we met everyone (Aunt.Shayla went too) and Daddy at Texas.Roadhouse for some yummy steaks and rolls with cinnamon butter - MMM MMM! We are finally home after being out and about for the past 9 hours. My little man is tired! Has been sleeping since we got home...
  • Tomorrow is the Father's Day Astros game....
  • Thursday we are double booked - OOPS - lunch plans with work people and Ellie (Miles future wife born 1 day before him) and her mom...still not sure how to handle this...my pregnancy brain can't be blamed anymore...
  • Friday and Saturday I'll be working on a Spider.man.Birthday.cake for a friend....
  • And to throw in just something extra fun for the week....I think I may have got my period today??? WTF is going on with that?! I was so looking forward to a benefit of breastfeeding of not having a period!!! And since I TOTALLY forgot to schedule my 6 week post partum appointment....I couldn't get see until the 22nd. The brown spotting hasn't let up at all and then this afternoon, it was bright red. I freaked and called the doctor. Nurse called back and said it was probably my period and sometimes that just happens (lucky me) but that Dr. S said that the spotting definitely should have let up by now...she was able to move my appointment up to next Monday...still a week away, but a week earlier. That's what I get for not thinking of the appointment in time. Hey - I remembered to get the boy put on my insurance in under 10 days (the cutoff is 30) but 6 weeks away wasn't ever on my mind...
  • Speaking of weeks...I'm down to 2 more to go for being home with my baby boy. TEARS
  • Pictures of all of the above tomorrow!

Good night Internets!

3 nice things to say...:

*Brandi* said...

I too blog more when I'm at work. I'm so jealous you are still home with your little man! Best of luck next week!

Stacey Queen said...

We have found that having a boat is a lot of work, Michael recently had to rewire our entire boat too. Let him know if Dean needs any help with it. We had a nice time at diiner. Miles is so fabulous and we can't wait to see ya'll again. Have fun at the Astros game!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Busy, Busy, Busy Momma and Miles, wow, that is some schedule. He sounds adorable, growing so fast. Thanks for the update.

blogger templates | Make Money Online