Kimbosue's Blog has MOOOOOVED!

**As of November 9, 2009, please find me at my new home below.**

Some posts are pw protected, so for the super secret decoder pen....ahem... code, please email me at kimbosue2 AT hotmail DOT com.

This blog will remain open. The link is still tied to lots of IF blogs, groups, and websites. I hope someone can read through my journey and find hope and strength and know that there is a light at the end of the IF tunnel. Prayer is the key! I love all my IF girlies I met along the way, and I hope to keep your friendships going forward during this next chapter of Mommyhood. I hope to see you there!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloweenie...

Another exciting weekend in the household...

Friday was my day off and we did some household chores and ran some errands. That evening we drove to Sweeny, TX to see my boss's son's HS football team play (even though the son isn't playing due to a torn ACL). It was the closest remaining district game to where we live (in relation to where SHE lives in the sticks...) so we went. Kinda chilly willy, but Milesy was all camo'd up and ready for some footbaaaaalll...


About the time we were getting ready to leave, I started getting that not-so-fun-feeling-again. By the time we got home, I was in serious pain. It took all I had to nurse Miles before bedtime. I had taken a couple Tyle.nol and they weren't kicking it. I told Dean I was going to bed because sometimes I can get comfortable enough to fall asleep and the pain goes away throughout the night. This time....not so much. About 12:45 I got up (Dean was trying to finish a movie and still up in the living room) and I told him it was WAY bad this time. I was crying and just UGH. He took my temp and I didn't have any fever, but he felt it and said it felt kinda hard and swollen. "Gotta go," he says. So I changed out of my Christ.mas light flannel pj pants (I am in the spirit ALREADY!) and packed up Miles. Luckily, he stayed asleep in the car seat all snuggled up with a blankey. Off to the ER we go...

There is an ER 2 minutes from us and I was the only patient so that cut down the time in half. 3 hours later* I had a urine test, blood work, and an ultrasound (Didn't expect one of those so soon) of my right kidney, pancreas, liver and gall bladder. Doc says there is 1 giant stone in there. When it moves in front of the bile duct, that's when the pain happens. 2 times in 2 weeks...me thinks 2009 is the year of the removal now. She suggested to have it removed so now I'm hunting for surgeon. A friend from HS (on FB) recommended one that she works with, but he's out of network for BCBS insurance. Anyone else in the Houston area have a general surgeron or laproscopic guy/gal they recommend?

*3 hours Miles slept quiet as a mouse in his car seat, oblivious to what was going on with Mommy.....UNTIL.........the discharge nurse. She comes in all loud and with the loudest voice I have ever heard screams "HOW OLD IS THE LITTLE ONE?" (yes, all caps for emphasis) "6 months. and he's been sleeping the entire time." "OH. THAT'S GREAT THAT HE HAS BEEN ASLEEP LIKE THAT IN HIS CAR......." "WWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" "..........SEAT." Really? 4:15 in the morning and he's awake thanks to that biatch. Oh well, I nursed him when I got home and he went right back down. She had given me a script for Vico.din, but after 5 hours (2 at home, 3 there) the pain was subsiding so I just went right to bed myself.

Slept late on Halloween due to above drama. Made the rounds (more about that crap later) to see the fam and visit Mom's church's fall festival (pics tomorrow - bad Mommy for not downloading them!) of Miles' 1st apple bobbing....or grabbing as it may be. Trick or Treated with his buddy Drew and passed out candy to some neighborhood kiddos...

Here's his first punkin'...

And his first costume....Miles the racecar driver... More pics tomorrow including Maddie the Ballerina!!! :)




Got Mamas Milk Blinkie
Working Mom Blinkie

3 nice things to say...:

On My Mind 24/7 said...

So sorry you had to take a trip to the ER. I hope you can get it taken out soon! Miles looks cute-I was a bad mommy and didn't even dress Harlee up this year!

Sandra said...

Sucks about the ER drama. You are better getting it out now before it gets too bad to be done by laproscopic surgery. I had mine done when I was 11-12wks pg with my monkey. Not too bad of a recovery. Good luck.

Beautiful Mess said...

Awww he looks so cute! I just love his smile!

I know the gallbladder pain and OMG it hurts! I got mine taken out and I felt like a new woman! I hope you can get yours taken out soon!
*HUGS*

blogger templates | Make Money Online