Kimbosue's Blog has MOOOOOVED!

**As of November 9, 2009, please find me at my new home below.**

Some posts are pw protected, so for the super secret decoder pen....ahem... code, please email me at kimbosue2 AT hotmail DOT com.

This blog will remain open. The link is still tied to lots of IF blogs, groups, and websites. I hope someone can read through my journey and find hope and strength and know that there is a light at the end of the IF tunnel. Prayer is the key! I love all my IF girlies I met along the way, and I hope to keep your friendships going forward during this next chapter of Mommyhood. I hope to see you there!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

FOOOOOD!!!!!!!

Ok, so it's getting close to my lunchtime which could be the reason behind this post, but still...everybody eats right? :0)

Last night we had the B.E.S.T. dinner! I randomly found a recipe I wanted to try while looking for a link to the B.E.S.T. Baked Bean recipe to give to LaRay.

We had Rosemary.Ranch.Chicken.Kabobs, cream corn, and semi-homemade cream spinach paired with a Trinchero.Cabernet.Savignon (thank to the Spec's run yesterday!). I read the reviews on the chicken recipe and they sounded great, but I cannot tell you how SUPERB it was! The ranch really did keep the chicken extra moist and the rosemary gave it just a hint of an herby taste. Perfect!

If any of you want to try it and don't have any fresh rosemary, hit me up because our rosemary bush has turned into a rosemary TREE! (Reminder to self to take a picture of it)

The spinach (remember I L.O.A.T.H.E. vegetables, especially green ones) was great too. Dean wanted something green while I was voting for Bush's.Baked.Beans! So I had a can of spinach and decided to add some whipped cream cheese and a splash of milk to attempt to make cream spinach. The last time I tried it came out looking like...well, spinach with cream cheese floating in it! This had the perfect consistency and everything. So proud of my semi-homemade self!!!

We're going to 2 different July 4th functions this weekend and I need to take appetizers to one (serves 10) and dessert to another (serves a lot more than 10). Anyone have any good recipes to share?

Also, check out Martha's Shrimp/Chicken with Feta Cheese recipe she posted today. YUM-O!

And what about this lovely - Snicker Apple Salad - that was emailed in my babycenter daily email! AWESOME - and you gotta love a "salad" that has Snickers in it! That is my kind of salad!

2 granny smith apples, cored and diced
2 red delicious apples, cored and diced
1 (6-pack) snickers candy more, diced small (or more if you want!)
4oz cream cheese, softened
1 small container cool whip

Mix all ingredients, let stand ½ hour and serve!


I told you I was all about food today....I got this in an email today too. I think it will be my new life motto!

A good piece of chocolate has about 200 calories. As I enjoy
2 servings per night, and a few more on weekends. I consume
3,500 calories of chocolate in a week, which equals one pound of weight
per week.

Therefore...

In the last 3 1/2 years, I have had chocolate caloric intake of about
180 pounds, and I only weigh 165 pounds, so without chocolate, I
would have wasted away to nothing about 3 months ago!

I owe my life to chocolate!



Got Mamas Milk Blinkie
Working Mom Blinkie

2 nice things to say...:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

You're making me hungry! : )

Susan from Braces Bunch

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great recipes, sounds delish!
Thanks for the shout out, You are so sweet.

This recipe for Chile Con Queso Dip is fabulous and you can prepare it ahead of time. It's addictive.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chili-con-Queso-2737

Hmm, dessert for 4th of July is either Turtle Brownies with caramel and nuts, (I cheat and use the mix, so sue me) OR a Vanilla Butter cake with whipped cream or buttercream frosting with strawberries and blueberries in a flag design.
Have fun, Happy Fourth!!

blogger templates | Make Money Online