Kimbosue's Blog has MOOOOOVED!

**As of November 9, 2009, please find me at my new home below.**

Some posts are pw protected, so for the super secret decoder pen....ahem... code, please email me at kimbosue2 AT hotmail DOT com.

This blog will remain open. The link is still tied to lots of IF blogs, groups, and websites. I hope someone can read through my journey and find hope and strength and know that there is a light at the end of the IF tunnel. Prayer is the key! I love all my IF girlies I met along the way, and I hope to keep your friendships going forward during this next chapter of Mommyhood. I hope to see you there!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Camping Trip = Success!

NaComLeavMo has begun so go out there and start commenting!

The Family Camping Trip was a hit! I was anxious at first, since I was the one who set it up and picked the place (new camping site, but same lake that we boat on). But it was a definite success! Of course, I am still the procrastinating camera dump-er I was last week! But I was the only one with a camera so I will definitely have to get them out and available for public viewing soon!

It was pretty hot during the daytime - around 94 - but where we were camped, it was super convenient to just jump in the lake to cool down. The tent sites were on a peninsula of land so we camped on the water (which cooled things down at night), parked our boat behind the tent, swam by the tent, and fished by the tent. SUPER EASY! Much better than some layouts where you have to hike 2.5 miles to the potty and 3.5 miles to the boat!

We swam and fished and tubed to our hearts content! It was super fun! We caught 50 white bass over the weekend by trolling across the lake. Pete, the campground manager, told us about "The Spot. He was right on the money! We'll be having another fish fry as soon as everyone is finished vacationing during June.

Speaking of vacations.......We leave on Saturday for our Alaskan cruise! WOOHOO! I am overwhelmed with how little time we have left to prepare for it though. We've been out of town the past 2 weekends with other functions in between. I am also hosting a birthday party for my dear friend S on Thursday night at my house. So somewhere in the next 2 days I have to find a formal dress, find hubby a suit, get a pedi, make for sure we have all our other essentials, drop off Maddie girl at Grammy's and bake a birthday cake! Luckily this is my Friday off so we'll have all day long to clean up from the party and get any really last minute things done.

How was everyone else's Memorial Day weekend?

13 nice things to say...:

Anonymous said...

I've been on an Alaskan cruise before. It's a magical place!

On My Mind 24/7 said...

Glad you had fun this weekend! Take lots of pics on your cruise! I've never seen Alaska before.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Best Wishes for a Safe and Wonderful Journey. We honeymooned in Alaska, my husband lived there for 7 years. The wildlife, scenery, and people are incredible and like no other. You get "wildlife eyes" when you are there looking for whales, eagles, moose, grizzlies, artic fox, Dahl sheep, the waterfalls, rainbows, OMIGOSH,the list goes on and on. Really excited for you all and can't wait to see your pix! We had a relaxing Memorial Day at home, catching up on the honey do list and some get togethers w/friends. It was great to have the 70 degree weather after 103 degrees last week in Southern California. Thanks for asking, best, Martha

Sam said...

Hi - one question - do you actually eat all those fish! Fifty fish sounds like quite a lot, so you have to think up different ways of eating it!!

vamplita said...

So glad you and DH are getting to go to Alaska while you're still young enough to enjoy participating in everything there is to do up there. It's still a tad cool up there at this time of year, especially on the water! You're going to love it!

KimboSue said...

50 fish is quite a lot, but after we cleaned them (I've always wondered why it was called "cleaning" when really you are degutting them?) it only made up about 5 quart size bags of fishies. Plenty for all of us to dig into!! And I do like grilled fish, I prefer catfish and bass to be fried, fried, fried!

littleangelkisses said...

My SIL and Brother went on an Alaskan cruise last year and loved it! I hope you have a great time.

Thanks for visiting my blog...NCLM rocks huh?

JJ said...

Ooo have FUN on the cruise! That is one of the things Mook wants to do, but I have done 2 cruises and get too sea-sick =(
I'll have to live vicariously through you! Be sure to take lots of photos!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Think of me while on your cruise. :)

Enjoy!!!

Paula Keller said...

My weekend was a study in laziness. :)

s.e. said...

My weekend was a balance of family/funeral obligation, time with my husband, housework, errands and a night in the city! Yours sounded great. I love, love, love camping. The fish part I am not so sure about though. You have a busy week but remember you will be relaxing in a prestine beautiful part of the country soon!

DC said...

First of all, your furbaby is ADORABLE!!!

Second, I am soooo jealous about your Alaskan cruise. I have been wanting to do that for years. It's on my list of "top five trips I'd like to take (preferably soon!)." So please post lots of pictures!!

I'm a new blogger, so please stop by and say hello if you get a chance. :)

http://lupuspie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The camping trip sounds like a blast!
I am so jealous of the Alaskan cruise. I hope you take lots of pics and post them here.

blogger templates | Make Money Online