Kimbosue's Blog has MOOOOOVED!

**As of November 9, 2009, please find me at my new home below.**

Some posts are pw protected, so for the super secret decoder pen....ahem... code, please email me at kimbosue2 AT hotmail DOT com.

This blog will remain open. The link is still tied to lots of IF blogs, groups, and websites. I hope someone can read through my journey and find hope and strength and know that there is a light at the end of the IF tunnel. Prayer is the key! I love all my IF girlies I met along the way, and I hope to keep your friendships going forward during this next chapter of Mommyhood. I hope to see you there!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Louisiana and CD1

We enjoyed our time in LA. Saturday we spent fishing at the pond. We caught about 10 really big brimm and 1 bass. Mom and D cleaned them up and brought them home. This means there's another fish fry in my future! YUM-O!!

We had catfish Saturday night at the hole in the wall restaurant in the hole in the wall town I mentioned last week. They were super yummy! The reunion was nice. We got to see all of our relatives - great aunts and uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins, etc. There were a bunch of kids running around. The house is on a lake so the kids were wading out into the water and making a mess of themselves with the water and the mud!

There was actually zero mention of "when are you having a baby?" I was very impressed. There was, however, a 2nd cousin who, as of last year's reunion, was in her 1st year in college. This year, she was about 6 months pregnant and had her boyfriend there. Apparently college didn't really work out for her, but looks like she had a good time! :)

On the completely other side of the family, I found out last week that another family member is pregnant with their 7th child. COME ON! Isn't that more than the recommended number per household? SHARE THE LOVE, MAN!

And on another note... I was taking Pro.metrium for the past 7 days. Of course, CD1 would happen when I'm out of town, unprepared, in the country, where the closest Wal*Mart is 30 minutes away! Luckily, we had to run into "town" after dinner on Saturday for some other things, so I was able to pick up some plugs (As my husband lovingly refers to them). This means in 21 days from Sunday, I'll be starting the Met.

(I totally forgot to get out my camera for the reunion, so I only have 2 pics of us fishing. Will post them this week!)

Grateful for:

  • Carpooling with the parents so I could read my book and not have to keep D occupied during the drive.
  • The peanut.butter pie and baked.potato.casserole were hits! I didn't have any left to bring home!

4 nice things to say...:

Anonymous said...

How did the pup do in the kennel?

KimboSue said...

Maddie girl did great. D picked her up this morning since we got back too late yesterday. She ran towards the fence as we were driving away on Friday, but before we were even out of the driveway, she was running over to the owner jumping up saying, "Pet me, pet me!" Come on! At least let me think you missed us a little bit!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Welcome Back! The fish sounds delish! I love a good fish fry, and pnut butter pie, sounds like heaven. Best Wishes for a BFP this cycle.

Paula Keller said...

Awww... I love catfish! My dad and I used to go fishing on the river in Florida and catfish was our main catch.

Mmmm... fish fry and a big 'ole sweet tea!

Plug. hahaha I think that's what my friends and I called it when we were in high school!

It's still funny. :)

Glad it was a good trip.

blogger templates | Make Money Online