Kimbosue's Blog has MOOOOOVED!

**As of November 9, 2009, please find me at my new home below.**

Some posts are pw protected, so for the super secret decoder pen....ahem... code, please email me at kimbosue2 AT hotmail DOT com.

This blog will remain open. The link is still tied to lots of IF blogs, groups, and websites. I hope someone can read through my journey and find hope and strength and know that there is a light at the end of the IF tunnel. Prayer is the key! I love all my IF girlies I met along the way, and I hope to keep your friendships going forward during this next chapter of Mommyhood. I hope to see you there!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2 Awards, A Tag, And A Meme...

The Award #1: Honest Scrap

I was given the Honest Scrap (Is this really pronounced Honest CRAP??) Award by Martha the Great.

The attendant rules:Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. Then, list at least 10 honest things about yourself.

I would like to invite LaRay, AJsMom, BeautifulMess, Mel, SeussGirl, On My Mind 24/7, Ashley to play along in the Honest Scrap pile.

1. I cannot go to the grocery store without a handwritten list. I am anal about crossing items off of it and if I think of something else I need NOT on the list…I add it to the list just so I can cross it off! The husband can do it from a text message. UGH
2. Maybe TMI here, but hey – it’s honest! I cannot go #2 without a book and/or my phone to play Bejeweled!
3. I have a shoe rack in the closet but most of the shoes are on the floor. I HATE to put them in the rack for some reason.
4. I, like Martha, love to cook and bake, even though most people like one or the other. Although the cooking has slowed WAAAAY down since becoming with child…
5. I hope to make every one of my kid’s birthday cakes myself.
6. I plan to be involved in everything the kiddo does, making all the crafts/snacks/goodies myself. Don’t be jealous LaRay!
7. I really wanted this baby to be twins so it would have a playmate growing up as the financial burden of creating this one probably means we won’t be having another.

And since you only give this award to 7 people, I think 7 Honest Scraps about me is enough!

The Award #2: The Lemonade Stand Award

The next delightful Award is from Amazing Martha, funny, quirky blogger who always brings a smile. Thanks Martha!
Here are the rules for The Lemonade Stand Award:
1. You must link back to the person you received the award from.
2. You have to nominate 10 bloggers who are deserving of this award!



The 10 bloggers I would like to invite to The Lemonade Stand are:Kathy, Mel, Nancy, Ashley, Nikki, Ashley, Kirke, LaRay, AJsMom, uncomplicateme.I love your lemonade!

The Tag: 5th pic in 5th folder of your photos

I was tagged by dear sweet Martha for a Photo Tag. It’s the 5th pic in the 5th folder of your pictures on your computer. You must then describe it. Luckily I recently created new folders, thus moving the order around…otherwise it would have been the same Baby Andrew Evacuee picture as last time!

Tagged for 5th picture are: LaRay, AJsMom, BeautifulMess, On My Mind 24/7, Ashley.

5th folder is called Art Projects….

This is our Christmas card 2007. It’s filed under Art Projects because I had to use Photo Shop to the pic black and white, leaving the lights, socks, hats and Maddie’s collar in color!



The Meme (what DOES that word MEAN?): 10 Quirks About You

This is a twist on the Honest Scrap Award as you can see by the yes, you guessed it, More Rules:
From Momma Val - "Instead of saying where you live, what state your hair is in, etc. you will share bizarre little things about yourself. Maybe you have some guilty pleasures, maybe you have some OCD that you desperately try to hide, whatever the case may be this is your chance to spill it. Let's all remember to be honest, not to judge, and to have some fun being able to embrace our oddities and laugh at ourselves. Thought this might be a nice mid-week tension reliever.So please, if you are tagged, copy and paste this entire post. Then replace my quirks with your own and tag up to ten people, unless you have A LOT of quirky friends then tag em all!!! Have fun!"

The 10 bloggers I would to tag for the 10 Quirks About You Meme are:Kathy, Mel, Nancy, Ashley, Nikki, Ashley, Kirke, LaRay, AJsMom, uncomplicateme.

In the spirit of fun, I will be a good sport and share 10 quirks about me.

1. I can remember names and faces from days long ago. My high school friends can’t believe I still remember some people we see out and about!
2. I also can remember phone numbers like nobody’s business. Who needs a contacts list in a cell phone when you have my yellow pages brain?
3. I have to wear the same color socks as my pants.
4. I still drink milk from the carton (as long as I know we aren’t having visitors anytime soon).
5. We are trying to be greener, but I can’t let go of my paper lists (see #1 on Honest Scrap).
6. I clean under my fingernails with a pocketknife like my Grandpa used to do (when I have nails long enough that is).
7. I can NOT sleep with socks on. It’s like I am suffocating.
8. I always have to have the latest holiday kitchen towel/décor out. I put out the St. Patrick’s Day towel and door decoration yesterday.
9. I like making crafty crap. Off the top of my head, I have 3 canvas paintings, wine cork mirror, wine cork wreath, wine cork trivet, rag tie wreath, valentines door décor, 3 glass block lighted Christmas presents, and a floor tile clock in my house that I made.
10. These types of lists about myself always stress me out. Like I could get a bad grade on it or something!

WHEW – that is a lot of URL lookin’ up!

Also, I will be MIA (no, not M.I.A. the rapper who sang at the Grammy’s, 9 months pregnant, with the WORST top on I have EVER SEEN. Check the video. Yes it is see through with polka dot patches on the boobies, baby bump, and butt!) and not posting probably until Monday.

Dean’s daughter, husband, and granddaughter are in town visiting from Maine, Wednesday – Saturday, (coincidence on the timing as they are leaving before the baby shower). And then the baby shower at our house is this weekend. My dear friend from college is arriving at the airport around the same time they are departing so we’ll be hanging out the rest of the weekend.

So, congrats on all the Award winners and good luck to all the tagged people. I look forward to reading your responses when I return!

16 nice things to say...:

Mazzy said...

Thank you, sweetie! This is a great big huge post with so much fun information. Thank you for sharing.
And can I say that I was secretly hoping for twins with this pregnancy as well, as I don't know that we'll be able to afford a sibling for this one someday. But right now, at 38 weeks and miserable, I am SO THANKFUL it is just one. OMG.
*hugs*

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thanks for playing along! Great lists, you are one crafty momma.
I loved your Valentine wreath btw, really cute.
Best Wishes for a Wonderful weekend with the family and friend.

Anonymous said...

have a great shower! i will do my best to take care of the lists. thank you. i like your lemonade too!

Beautiful Mess said...

WOW, that was a very informative post! Thanks for the tag back, EEK that's twice today. Does that mean I have to list 20 honest things? I hope not! :D I love your Christmas card! good job on photoshop! I suck at it.

Have so much fun this weekend! Enjoy your shower. I can't wait to see the pictures. As far as Pay it Forward, just email me *webcat6@gmail.com* and I'll put ya on my list. Thank you for sharing everything. Have a GREAT day, HUGS!!

nancy said...

Thanks for the nomination. "It's an honor just to be nominated". (I like to pretend I'm a movie star).

I don't know if you really want to know 10 quirks about me! :) But I'll play.

Oh. My. God. about MIAs outfit. Holy crap.

Have a wonderful time "off" and have fun at your baby shower!!!

Anonymous said...

what a fun post to read at the beginning of ICLW :)

i make lists for everything. and i mean everything. and i will put more things on there in order to be able to check them off (i make boxes) :)

Jessica White said...

I got tagged for the Honest Scrap award: I still haven't gotten around to doing it. Perhaps I should.

ICLW

HaleyMarieOlson said...

Hope you have a wonderful baby shower and congrats on the pregnancy! happy ICLW week!

Soralis said...

Visiting from ICLW. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Love the photoshop-ed pic!

Take care

Jendeis said...

Hi! Hope that you have a wonderful time at the baby shower! My green tip for paper lists is to use the envelopes that I receive from junk mail. My thought is that at least the paper is getting used multiple times before being thrown away.

Jo said...

I actually read all of your lists. . .and I SOOOOOOO agree about sleeping with socks. I. Can't. Do. It.

Also, I love, love, love your Christmas card! Absolutely gorgeous.

Happy ICLW!

Brenna said...

Congrats on your pregnancy, and wow, what an information packed post! I had fun reading all about you, and really enjoyed the Christmas card pic--great photoshopping, I wish I were that skilled! Have fun this weekend.

ICLW

Cara said...

Here from ILCW and what a great post to get to know about you! A baby so soon!!! Wow - congrats!

Kristin said...

What a fabulous way to give us an intro to you for ICLW.

HS #2...you shuold check out Zuma. I use to play Bejeweled a lot but I like Zuma more.
HS #5...a woman after my own heart. I have made each and every birthday cake for my kids.

Love the Christmas card from '07. I want to learn to do that.

10Quirks #2...I remember numbers too. I have never bothered to program my speed dial because of that.
10Quirks #7...me too!
10Quirks #9...me too again...don't know what I will do when my youngest needs his closet because it is filled with my craft stuff.

kirke said...

I feel the exact same way about socks when I'm sleeping!! And lists...there is something so satisfying about crossing something off :)

Love your lists!

Anonymous said...

I am flattered by the award and the meme thingy.... but I just don't know how to move the icon thing to my blog. I'm a bit of a blogger idiot.
Sorry.

But I appreciate the sentiment.

Thanks,
Kathy

blogger templates | Make Money Online