Kimbosue's Blog has MOOOOOVED!

**As of November 9, 2009, please find me at my new home below.**

Some posts are pw protected, so for the super secret decoder pen....ahem... code, please email me at kimbosue2 AT hotmail DOT com.

This blog will remain open. The link is still tied to lots of IF blogs, groups, and websites. I hope someone can read through my journey and find hope and strength and know that there is a light at the end of the IF tunnel. Prayer is the key! I love all my IF girlies I met along the way, and I hope to keep your friendships going forward during this next chapter of Mommyhood. I hope to see you there!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Crafty McCrafter

So 2 weeks ago, I had a wild hair about wanting to make something crafty. Why? I have no idea. Maybe its my semi-nesting coming out, although it was totally UN-baby related... Anyway, I found a website that showed how to make a rag garland or wreath. It seemed easy and cheap enough so I did it.

Stuff you need:
3 different "valentine's" fabrics - 1 yard of each
1 roll (it was 50% off) of valentine ribbon
1 wire hanger - FREE

Since I no longer have the URL to where I stole this fabulous idea, I'll throw in some abbreviated Kimbo directions.

  1. Form hanger into wreath shape. Wind hook around to form a smaller "hook" to hang wreath from.
  2. Cut fabric into 1 " x 7" strips.
  3. Tie fabric strips into a knot on hanger, alternating fabric colors as desired.
  4. Be sure to squish them up together to get as many on the hanger as possible. You want it as full as it can be.
  5. Tie a bow of ribbon at the hook.

TA-DA! I actually had enough fabric (can you ask for 1/2 a yard of material? I always feel like such the Virgin Seamstress to ask Mrs. Hobby.Lobby) to make 2 of them and being that I don't need 2, I gave one to LaRay. I thought she would donate to her daughter's "From the Heart" valentine-y auction thingy at school, but she kept it for herself!


Speaking of Valentine's....guess who popped out a Valentine's Day baby? Jenepper from Maybe If You Just Relax!!! Apparently she was in denial that her water broke and decided to go ahead with her hair appointment!! Pop on over and congratulate her on Olivia Audrey's arrival!


4 nice things to say...:

LaRay said...

But it was just too cute to give away!

Beautiful Mess said...

Oh I like that! That might even be something I can do! All it is, is tying knots, right? Seriously, this is MY kind of project!

On My Mind 24/7 said...

Cute wreath, what a great idea!

Jill said...

way cute! I'm jealous of all things crafty.

Happy ICLW

blogger templates | Make Money Online