Kimbosue's Blog has MOOOOOVED!

**As of November 9, 2009, please find me at my new home below.**

Some posts are pw protected, so for the super secret decoder pen....ahem... code, please email me at kimbosue2 AT hotmail DOT com.

This blog will remain open. The link is still tied to lots of IF blogs, groups, and websites. I hope someone can read through my journey and find hope and strength and know that there is a light at the end of the IF tunnel. Prayer is the key! I love all my IF girlies I met along the way, and I hope to keep your friendships going forward during this next chapter of Mommyhood. I hope to see you there!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Checking Account Fraud...

Look at me - 3 posts in one day....


See I told you that this started out being a crappy day....

Looks like I have been the victim of identity theft. Ok, not really my identity per se, but someone has my debit card number AND PIN - which everyone knows is a direct line into your checking/savings accounts...

Hubby found a $165 charge for an HCA Hospital in Nashville.TN last Thursday. I called the bank and answered many questions. Including: did you see a doctor on 2/5? I said coincidentally yes (the OB) but not in Nashville! And there was no charge (because its a f/u OB visit). Anyway, they have started the claims process and because it hasn't actually posted (still a pending charge as of today) they can't issue a credit just yet. My debit card has been canceled and a new one should arrive in 5-7 business days. UGH. This means I have to be Cashola Kim this week....and for those that know me IRL, this will be a challenge as I am usually known as No Cash Kim.


At least we caught it now and am able to get a stop to it. AND thank God it was only $165. We could have been really screwed as the mortgage was paid today!!!


***UPDATED 02/10/09....Response from Shell:

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you experienced at one of our locations. Delivering world-class customer service is a high priority for Shell. We are disappointed when we fail to meet your expectations, and we believe the experience you had is an exception to the way Shell branded retailers typically operate.
Our review indicates your experience occurred at one of our independently owned and operated locations. Please be assured that we have formally recorded your feedback and the appropriate party will be notified. Customer feedback helps us to identify opportunities for improvement.
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We value your patronage and hope you will continue to choose Shell's quality products. If you have additional questions, please contact Shell Customer Care toll-free at 1-888-GO-SHELL (1-888-467-4355) or send an e-mail to shellcustomercare@shell.com.

Sincerely,
Shell Solutions Center
Customer Care

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Thanks for the pat answer that you send everyone that has a complaint. Makes me feel like a real important customer.***

8 nice things to say...:

Beautiful Mess said...

Goodness! You've had a helluva day! Glad it's being taken care of. Hopefully you can relax when you get home and your horrible day will just melt away. HUGS!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

OMG! This is so crazy. Take good care, what a day!

s.e. said...

Your day has definitely been icky. I know how much identity theft can suck. We had someone use our credit card online a few years ago and had police at our house and everything. Did you have to file a report?

Be careful for a while and watch everything to make sure they do not have more info on you.

May your tomorrow be a million times better!

JW Moxie said...

Thank God you caught that! hey also call me No Cash Kym! So funny!

Anonymous said...

Good grief that sucks. Hope tomorrow is a better day!

seussgirl said...

I'm sorry about the debit situation!

I will totally send you the Mac-n-cheese recipe (I made it last night!) if you'll e-mail me at seussgirl at gmail dot com.

i hope you like it!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I won't be buying gas at Shell either in support!

Anonymous said...

I think it's ridiculous that the bank can't do anything about a charge when it is pending. I've had suspicious activity on two cards in the past year and the bank tells me to wait it out till the charge goes though. Don't tell me they can't cancel a pending transaction!

blogger templates | Make Money Online