Kimbosue's Blog has MOOOOOVED!

**As of November 9, 2009, please find me at my new home below.**

Some posts are pw protected, so for the super secret decoder pen....ahem... code, please email me at kimbosue2 AT hotmail DOT com.

This blog will remain open. The link is still tied to lots of IF blogs, groups, and websites. I hope someone can read through my journey and find hope and strength and know that there is a light at the end of the IF tunnel. Prayer is the key! I love all my IF girlies I met along the way, and I hope to keep your friendships going forward during this next chapter of Mommyhood. I hope to see you there!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Bad News

I finally got my results back from my pee test. Only after calling again myself yesterday afternoon. Apparently the cutoff for protein levels in your urine is 299. And mine was.....you guessed it...300. ONE FRIGGIN' POINT TOO HIGH!!

Nice Nurse said this meant no more working. I am hoping they just don't remember or didn't look at my chart in regards to exactly what my "work" consists of. I work in IT, therefore am sitting at my desk all day long, working at a computer.

My regularly scheduled appointment is next Thursday, so I'm home until at least then. She wants me to do another pee test next week. Has anyone ever been put on rest just for a week and if the next pee test comes back ok, then you went back to work? I have to go to the office in a little bit to pick up more pee buckets. At that time, I hope to ask her exactly what "no work" means. Does this mean I am officially on bed rest or is it modified bed rest or is it just no working or what. I hope after I remind her what it is that I do, that she'll allow me to "work from home" i.e. work from my bed and/or couch. I can't and don't want to use my maternity leave and vacation all up before the baby is even here!!! I only get 6 weeks and using 3 weeks vacation. And I just don't think we could swing short term disability since it is unpaid. I wonder what people do who get put on bed rest this early who don't have the ability to work from home?

I am getting way nervous that this baby is going to come way sooner than I am ready for. Just last night, D and I went through all the shower stuff. Because I still had company through Sunday and Monday was the L&D visit, we haven't done crap around here, especially with the baby stuff. We rechecked the gift lists before taking everything out of their bags, removed the tags from the washables, and put away (kind of) everything else. Now I need someone to get some detergent so we can wash everything and put it away. Mom said she was willing to do that, so holler when you can. We also have to return a few things to a couple of stores. I think if I send D with what to exchange everything for, he could manage that?? I think I mentioned before that we got tons of washcloths and towels? We ended up with 17 towels and about 60 washcloths! Can you believe it? We are actually keeping most of them since I hear some of them wear out so fast.

We have our FastTrack childbirth class tomorrow. Obviously we need to be in attendance for this, but I guess I have to ask the doctor to make for sure it is something I can do.

Please keep us all in your prayers while we go through this. And let me know of any tips you know of on how to remain calm and not get so anxious and nervous about something going wrong.

5 nice things to say...:

Anonymous said...

I read your post with a nervous smile. Of course, you know we always discuss Cindy's and my perceptions versus reality.

"What do you mean the baby may come before you are expecting it? You mean that doesn't always happen?"

Look, if your going to stress that much about all this you might as well go check yourself in the hospital now because your defeating the purpose.

STOP IT! Breathe. Relax. Pray.

Everything will be fine.

Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil." --Psalm 37:4-8

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Big ((Hugs))and one step at a time. The OB will probably let you telecommute a reduced schedule if it will stress you out more to be off work totally. You are in good hands and please take good care. Sending my best prayers to you, Peanut, and Dean. I will be thinking of you and I'm here if you need me.
That's alot of baby towels.

Mazzy said...

One. day. at. a. time. That's all you can do. I am going to be praying for you that everything works out just fine. The good news is things usually do, right?!
We got so many washcloths and towels, too! LOL I think bath stuff is people's favorite thing to bring to a shower. I got EIGHT huge bottles of J&J head to toe body wash!!!
*hugs*

Beautiful Mess said...

Oh no! Hang in there, just like everyone else said, one day at a time, hon. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on a successful pregnancy! sorry about the bed rest, but i guess it's a small price to pay. good luck to you!
iclw

blogger templates | Make Money Online