Kimbosue's Blog has MOOOOOVED!

**As of November 9, 2009, please find me at my new home below.**

Some posts are pw protected, so for the super secret decoder pen....ahem... code, please email me at kimbosue2 AT hotmail DOT com.

This blog will remain open. The link is still tied to lots of IF blogs, groups, and websites. I hope someone can read through my journey and find hope and strength and know that there is a light at the end of the IF tunnel. Prayer is the key! I love all my IF girlies I met along the way, and I hope to keep your friendships going forward during this next chapter of Mommyhood. I hope to see you there!

Monday, February 23, 2009

ICLW, 31 wks, Familia & a Baby Shower!

MAN! The past 5 days have been a blur! Here's a recap on the familia visit, the doctor visit, the baby shower and ICLW!

  • Family came and went. It was a good visit.
  • Wednesday we went to JCP for some family photographs. That was a hoot. The photographer was a young (newly pregnant) girl who was funny and being that D and Josh were acting their usual selves, we all got along quite nicely. We took some family shots, some D and grandkid, some D and kids and a couple of funny ones. I haven't checked my hotmail lately, but supposedly they email all of the poses to you, even the ones you don't purchase.
  • Thursday morning was my OB appt...more on that at another bullet....After I got home, we took them to NASA for a tour and for C (Grandkid) to play with all the kid stuff...what am I saying...for D to play too. Then we drove to Kemah to visit the Kemah Boardwalk and for dinner. Most of the rides are still closed to Ike, as were most of the restaurants. They are slowly coming back though. We had dinner at Joe's.Crab.Shack and eventually made it back home. I was B.E.A.T. Too much walking!
  • Friday we all slept late, had breakfast and decided to see a movie. C picked Hotel for Dogs. It was really cute. I cried! At a Nick.olodeon movie! Must have been the hormones....that plus the fact that I'm a sucker for animal movies. Hell I BAWL at Old Yeller! Then we went to the Children's Museum. It was lots of fun. C had a blast. We finally got home around 5:30...just in time to make dinner for 13 people at 7:00. I was expecting we would be really busy on Friday and not have time to prepare dinner so last Tuesday I spent 3.5 hours preparing everything and froze it for Friday. Since the familia was flying out Saturday morning, the rest of the family (including my parents who have never met the daughter, husband or C) wouldn't have a chance to see them at the shower on Saturday. So we arranged this dinner instead. We had chicken broccoli casserole (?? the website I found this posted on didn't have a name for it, so I made one up), seussgirl's homemade mac n' cheese, salad, and chocolate elegance for dessert. Everything was a hit! I made a double batch of the chicken and the mac so we would have enough. There was still some leftover that I hope to partake in tonight!
  • Saturday morning, we got up EARLY and got ready for the day. We had to have the fam at the airport around 9AM. Then we waited in the "cell phone lot" (isn't that a good idea to wait for arriving passengers?) for my friend L to arrive from CO. They had to de-ice the plane before taking off from CO, so it was a little late. We finally left the airport with L around 11. Had lunch at Gringo's. Made a couple of stops and then it was finally time for us to "arrive" at the shower around 2:15 (started at 3) so we could get ready. The girls had been there since 11'ish setting things up and we were prohibited from being at the house.
  • Before starting in on the shower, let me give the OB update first. The baby's hb was 144....boy or girl? I still can't tell from just the hb. My BP was high - 140/80 so she had me
    lie down for "10 minutes" to recheck again. Well they were running behind as usual, so I had me a good little 35 minute nap. After Thursday, I damn well needed it. When she came back, it was 114/80. She said there is a little concern since it seems to be high, but after resting comes back down. Wants to watch me carefully for possible pre-eclampsia. Belly measuring 33 weeks...
  • The shower was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. We wanted it to be coed/mixed/family friendly so that D could participate too. We think there were over 40 people there at one time! We have such awesome friends and family. We got so much stuff that we needed. We are so grateful for everything! Especially all the washcloths and towels - WINK, WINK! (Apparently since the gender is unknown and people don't want to buy neutral clothes, the next best thing is bathing essentials. I seriously think we have at least 40 washcloths and 12 towels!! But we love them all!) We got the car seat, walker, bouncer, bouncy seat, pack-n-play, clothes, toys, diapers, wipes, pacifiers, bottles....I think we might have enough "baby gear" to get this party started!!! Special shout out to the BS Team - S, S, L, M - for throwing the best shower ever - the decorations, food, and the baby love were awesome! Much love to T for helping last minute and Mom for making a super yummy cake too!
  • Pics on all of the above TBD
  • And finally - after a long winded post as it is....ICLW for February 2009 started last Saturday. I am already behind and will definitely not be an Iron Commenter this month, but I will do my best to catch up...Even if you didn't "sign up" for ICLW, click on over to Mel's blog and click on some bloggys who are participating. You'll be glad you did. There are some great writers/bloggers out there!

7 nice things to say...:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! The mac and cheese is fantastic. Thank you Bet.ty Crock.er! :)

I wholeheartedly agree with people buying bath stuff - but they buy it even when they DO know the sex. Seriously we've had to take back more bath stuff that we got 3 or 4 or 5 (5!) of than anything else. I didn't think we needed 25 hooded towels, no matter how cute they were. :)

I wish we could tell the gender from the heartrate, but B is living proof that the old wives tale isn't so much accurate. His heartbeat ranges from 150-170 on any given appointment (depending on how much mountain dew I drink beforehand - KIDDING) and our OB said it's just because he's a big boy. Big babies have a bigger vascular system and need more blood flowing, thus the higher heartrate. So while you can't tell the gender, you can bet that he or she isn't a shrinking violet in there. ;o)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Wow, what a weekend! The shower sounds delightful!
Hmm, the heartbeat might mean Peanut is a girl, or Not!
You are carrying high which is typical of boy. Hmm, not too much longer to find out.

Nic said...

What a busy weekend!! I dont know ow you had the energy for all of that!!

Megs said...

Sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful weekend with family, friends, and others!!! How awesome :) Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy!!

**Here from ICLW!!

Michelle said...

I am glad to hear you had a nice weekend and an AWESOME shower. Congratulations to you!

ICLW

On My Mind 24/7 said...

Goodness, you've been busy! Glad your shower went well, let's see some pics! Don't worry over the heart rate, I'm sure everything is fine, but it looks like they will take good care of you either way.

Beautiful Mess said...

WHEW, girl you DID have a busy weekend! Oh I hope your blood pressure doesn't get out of control! Sounds like your baby shower was awesome! You can seriously, NEVER have enough towels and washcloths. I can't wait to see pictures...YAY!!!

blogger templates | Make Money Online